Monday 27 July 2009

Where 'NOBODY IS SPECIAL!'

I bloody love The Specials.

What happened to that sound? I know I wasn't there the first time around but seeing them at Glastonbury, listening to them with my Dad, recognising their songs being used in various film soundtracks, just makes me wonder why this kind of music didn't gather more moss.

(I know, slight mix of genres there but I know you understand what it is I'm getting at)

I think what I love most about the rude boys is that they, and their music, were born out of a time that's similar to now in terms of the economy and unemployment. It was a time to get creative because there were few other options. Look at Red Dwarf. Fuck all money, highly creative and successful.

That's why I'm feeling so good about the next few years. I'm skint and so is everyone around me so it looks like there's no better time to go for the things that, in the times of fat cats, would be made much harder.

There wasn't much point to this post. Just reminding myself to take advantage of the times and get creative.

Thank you, The Specials.
Go on, Terry, give us a smile ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment