Sunday 26 July 2009

Where this time, baby, I'll be bullet proof.

Whew boy. 
This morning was tough.

I went to band rehearsals and waited for everyone to arrive, and when they did I very shakily told them that I was leaving. 

I feel very sad, but really good at the same time.
I left in a bit of a hurry, I didn't want to wait around and felt like I was going to vomit, but since I've had some really lovely messages from various members of the band saying that I'll be missed.

I'll be gutted when I see who the new singer is and I know I'll immediately regret my decision. I know myself far too well and know that that is a certainty.

But it's a very good thing.
I'm free of Cardiff and free of the people who have been putting me down, in front of me and behind my back.

I'm still here, it's not ended me, I've just got a thicker skin for it all.

Now I'll carry on performing, do a job I love, go to Glastonbury again (possibly with my brother this time), make new friends, embark on new and exciting relationships, write, apply for an MA, get another great degree, live my life for me, move to another city and finally hang up my 'Home Sweet Home' sign that I was saving for a home I could call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment